Macquarie Infrastructure Developments LLC is not an authorized deposit-taking institution for the purposes of the Banking Act 1959 (Commonwealth of Australia). The obligations of Macquarie Infrastructure Developments LLC do not represent deposits or other liabilities of Macquarie Bank Limited ABN 46 008 583 542 (“MBL”). MBL does not guarantee or otherwise provide assurance in respect of the obligations of Macquarie Infrastructure Developments LLC.
We comply with all relevant privacy laws where we operate, including the requirements applicable to us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and relevant State laws.
We collect information to provide products, services and information to our customers and to the community. We also collect information where we are required to do so to comply with the law. The types of personal information we collect depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
The main types of personal information we collect include:
• Your name and contact details
• Identification details
• Your organization and position, where your organization has a business account or business dealing with us
• Information on your use of our products and services, including use of our roads, our websites, our apps and our tags, and
• Records of our communications and dealings with you, such as telephone, email, SMS, online and in-person communications.
You are always welcome to provide us with comments, queries and feedback in relation to our current and proposed roads. We may record and monitor telephone calls and other communications between you and us for training, quality control, verification and compliance purposes. When you communicate with us, we may collect additional information including the languages you speak, your family and living circumstances, your property, how best to manage communications with you and information about your dealings with us.
If you participate in a survey or competition, or respond to a feedback request, we will collect the information that you provide in doing so and associated information such as when and how you submitted your response.
We may collect information about property ownership in relation to properties near our existing or proposed roads or above our existing or proposed tunnels.
We collect information about people who invest in us. We collect information about people who are our contractors, suppliers and business partners, or who are employed by our contractors, suppliers and business partners. The information we collect focuses on information needed to conduct business with that individual or party.
When you do business with us, including if you have a corporate account with us, we may collect information about you from others, such as from referees or from others who do business with you.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent or if we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information.
2. Our online services may also detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal traffic monitoring and capacity management purposes or to otherwise administer the online services. The patterns of usage of visitors to the online services may be tracked for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on aggregate or statistical review of user traffic patterns.
4. From time to time, we may use third-party online services to collect personal information such as your name and email address or telephone number to administer online competitions, customer feedback and surveys.
6. We may use and disclose your personal information to carry out consumer, market, community and traffic research, compile demographics and perform other analysis so that we can develop and implement initiatives to improve our services, improve the design, construction and operation of our roads and identify people likely to be affected by or interested in our roads and services.
7. We may use and disclose your personal information for marketing purposes. We may contact you about our products and services, the products and services of other people, or related special offers from our business partners, that we think may be of interest to you. This information may be sent to you by email, SMS or by other means. You can opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving these types of promotional communications by:
• Following the 'unsubscribe' link in the communication
• Changing your account settings, and
• Contacting us
Unsubscribing from promotional communications will not stop service-related communications from us, such as administrative alerts in relation to your account and notifications in relation to road closures.
We use reasonable safeguards and security measures to ensure personal information we hold about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical and electronic measures to protect your personal information. However, the Internet is not a secure environment. Although due care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided to us via electronic means or stored electronically.
Personal information is only retained for as long as is necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law.
Our website, social media and other online services are not for use by individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please Contact us.